Monday, April 6, 2009

# 255 – The Gym According to Dr. Seuss

The Gym According to Dr. Seuss (04-06-09)

Good morning, all. I wrote the first few lines of this as a response to a post a while back and as a little joke. But it stuck in my mind and I finally took a little time to extend it. I hope it adds a little humor while getting across the message.

Stanley Lifts A Weight

I am Stan.Stan the man.
Can you liftthe weight I can.
Can you lift it overhead.
Can you lift it with a dead.
Can you lift it with a squat.
Bet I can, and you cannot.

Can you lift it in the air.
Can you lift it anywhere.
Can you lift it, no he shrugs
I can’t lift it without drugs.

Can you squat front, rear and hacks.
Do you know your one rep max.
Can you do a power clean.
Nope not on a Smith Machine.

Do your lifts impress the girls
Can’t do that with biceps curls.
The ladies just might notice you
If you don’t lift just like they do.

Is your gym a place to play,
A stop within your busy day
Do you go to be a jerk
Or is it where you go to work.

When you go there what do you do
I hope not just what comes to you
And while you’re there don’t be a clown
Lift weights and put that cell phone down.

Do you lift heavy, break a sweat.
If you don’t you’re not there yet.
Can you get strong like Stan the man,
With some hard work, of course you can.

If you’re consistent, lifting weights
And work real hard, and add some plates.
Then you’ll get strong, I know you can,
Like me, I’m Stan, I’m Stan the man

___________________
Copyright 2004-2009 John R. Gesselberty. Mahler's Monday Morning Motivators (MMMM) may not be copied or used without permission of the author. All rights reserved.

No comments: